Friday, May 14, 2010

In Which I Break A Bottle Of Low-Quality Champagne.

+


Nothing re: Cambridge is happening at all right now, but my new blog is sad and empty. This post is meant to remedy that, and to give you the basics.

Here they are. The Basics. Are you ready?

Are you really?

Because, like, it's cool if you need a second.

To maybe gird your loins or something.

No?

Okay, here we go.


Q. Who?

A. I, Emily M. Smith. I am a sophomore in college, and I plan to one day go from being a loser undergraduate student to a loser graduate student. I may in fact become a Medievalist, but we shall see. Whatever allows me to fangirl Arthurian romance all day every day for the rest of my life. That is the specialization for me.


Q. Where?

A. Cambridge University, England. Also, on alternate weekends, London, Bath, Glastonbury (provided I am not deterred by my terror of buses), Bristol, Oxford, and somewhere I can see the sea.


Q. When?

A. July 2nd to August 9th, 2010.


Q. What?

A. I am taking two classes. Shakespeare In Performance, and Monsters and Maps. One is an Art History credit, and the other is an English/Theatre credit. No points for guessing which is which.


Q. Why are you blogging about it?

A. Because I am under the mistaken impression that I am both witty and interesting. Well, okay, let's be fair-- I'm only mistaken about one of those.


Q. The Tempest? Are you kidding me?

A. I am pretentious.



So there you have it. My inaugural post. Please remember to pick up a free "My daughter/sister/friend/BFF/enemy/stupid friends' kid went to Cambridge" shirt on your way out.


+

2 comments:

  1. I want the 'My BFF went to Cambridge' one!! I'm so happy and excited for you. I love you, darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you more! Man, I wish I had connections in the t-shirt business.

    ReplyDelete